What is the difference between hot stamping and other transfer?
Normant bronzing paper and everyone explained that bronzing paper transfer and flocking transfer are slightly different, bronzing paper transfer (hot stamping
) is carried out before other forms of printing, flocking transfer is waiting for other forms of printing After printing, do it again.
1. Equipment: ordinary printed platen and electric iron with temperature control.
2. Material: domestic hot stamping
paper or imported hot stamping
paper. Cut to about 1 cm beyond the edge of the pattern to completely cover the pattern.
3. Adhesive: In addition to indirect transfer requirements, it also has strong adhesion and softness, is flexible, has good screen printing adaptability, can be well mixed with printing paste, and moderate drying. The color can be adjusted according to the color of the gold foil paper.
4. Pre-press preparation: The difference from indirect transfer is that it does not imprint a single pattern, which can be found in a pattern with other printed varieties. The variety is very rich, such as: bronzing + glue printing, bronzing + glue printing + flocking , bronzing + thermosetting ink printing + gold and silver onions + thick version and so on. Other requirements are the same as indirect transfer.
5. Printing and printing: use 60-100 mesh screen to print the screen version (the mesh warp and weft and the frame at 45° angle), spread the fabric on the printing platen, and print the adhesive for 1-3 times, then bake or natural Dry.
6. Transfer: The iron is heated to 120 °C, and the gilded paper (if small pattern can be used for indirect transfer cutting, but the color must be the same) is reversely laid on the fabric with the pattern, to be completely Cover the pattern, and then press it carefully, slowly and evenly on the printing platen with iron. The bronzing paper itself is also coated with adhesive. Try to control the iron not to press on the untextured part and make the fabric appear flawed. Afterwards, the polyester-based paper of the bronzing paper should be peeled off very carefully along the warp and weft direction of the fabric, and the peeling speed should not be too fast. According to the pattern, the printing of other varieties is carried out in order to make the pattern colorful.
The key factor affecting the transfer quality of bronzing paper (hot stamping) is the selection of bronzing paper transfer adhesive. The state of the hot melt adhesive for indirect transfer and direct transfer is different. The former uses polyethylene, polyamide, polyester EVA resin, etc., and the latter is in the form of an emulsion. Precautions:
(1) In order to prevent the transfer of the bronzing paper from being incomplete or the part of the bronzing paper falling off after washing, the color of the prepared adhesive can be matched with the color of the bronzing paper as much as possible.
(2) To have better screen printing suitability, the degree of post-printing drying directly affects the transfer effect of bronzing paper. It is preferred to carry out in a direct dry state.
(3) After heating, it has a good reaction and instantly melts and bonds, and is bonded at 15 to 30 Pa·s.
(4) Consider the hot melt temperature of the hot-melt adhesive and the tolerance of the fabric to avoid unnecessary loss. It must be tested after the sample test. Some fabrics cannot withstand high temperatures and cannot be pressed.
(5) It has good washing resistance.
Since the gilding paper itself is metal, the texture is hard. If printing on a soft fabric, the pattern design should not consider a large area, and is suitable for a small area pattern of dotted lines.
A new laser transfer film is currently available on the market. It also has a layer of hot melt adhesive film, which is engraved by engraving machine and then stripped off the excess part, so that the graphic part is left on the polyester substrate, and then transferred by hot press, which is similar to the hot stamping transfer (hot stamping). The effect, but the quality is completely different. The laser transfer film is suitable for block image, which has certain limitations on the graphic and text, and the engraving speed is slow, the hand feel is hard, the gas permeability is poor, but the fastness is good, the washing resistance is good, and the product is novel.